Sample Interview Questions
Co-authors Tim and Debbie Bishop
Two Are Better: Midlife Newlyweds Bicycle Coast to Coast
1. After living 52 years as singles, why marry?
2. How did you feel about undertaking such a journey after being married for only two weeks?
3. How did your feelings about one another change from one coast to the other?
4. Would you undertake a trip like this again? Why or why not?
5. What was the most difficult part of the experience?
6. Were you ever fearful?
7. Did you have any “close calls”?
8. If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
9. When did you first think you could make it to the Atlantic Ocean?
10. Talk about one of your most memorable days.
11. What did you learn about yourself that you did not know before you married and went on this bicycling adventure?
12. How did you resolve conflicts during the trip?
13. What life lessons did you learn?
14. What was your favorite state and why?
15. What was the most beautiful spot on the entire trip?
16. What drove you crazy about each other during the trip?
17. Where and what did you usually eat?
18. What did you do to support each other during the trip?
19. What surprised you most on the trip?
20. What was your most unusual experience with strangers?
21. Would you recommend a trip like this to someone else in your shoes?
22. On your trip, you promoted TheHopeLine. What is it and what is your connection to it?
23. Describe the process of writing the book.
24. What is the central message of Two Are Better?
25. Why the title Two Are Better? What does it mean?
26. What part of the book are you most proud of?
27. Do you have any future tours in mind?